Sunday 15 April 2012

A train going no-where!

I'm back..... we had a lovely week in the Lincolnshire fens, staying in a converted traditional railway carriage.


It was tiny, but had lots of character.


We had days out exploring Ely cathedral.....




Spent lots of time pretending to be 'The Railway Children' (watched the DVD while we were there)


Made our own cafe in the back garden having baked pink princess fairy cakes.


The only thing missing was any opportunity to sew.  However I read two good novels, and can recommend 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry' by Rachel Joyce and 'Trespass' by Rose Tremaine.




I can't remember if I got chance before we went away to blog about this little swimming rucksack I made for Hope?  She needed something to sew her swimming badges on, and she chose the floral fabrics herself from my scraps. It's a straight forward tutorial that I would really recommend.




I got back to two fab parcels - which was lovely.

The first was a PIF from the lovely Lynz..... a beautiful sewing wallet

I'm afraid the backdrop, and picture taken in the dark don't do the beautiful fabric justice.  Also the photos don't show the neatness of the sewing, especially the lovely corners.
 
And check out those cute cute pins.....  I love it and will start using it straight away - big thanks


And then Sarah kindly sent me some yellow and black fabric as I don't have any for the stash bee which needs yellow and black for the gothic windows this month. Thanks very much (I have had a practice at this block on some old scraps I already had - but the result is a travesty and will NOT be shown here!!!)  So I am looking forward to having a spotty go!



8 comments:

  1. Staying in a railway carriage looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the carriage is even better than I imagined! Your two little railway girls look adorable too - all they need are the scarlet petticoats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you all had a relaxing time, and are ready for action again!
    I look forward to seeing your gothic block. They look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I've wanted to stay in a converted train carriage for ages! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as if you have had a really chilled time with your family. Your girls will remember that train carriage forever. Lovely PIF sewing wallet from Lynz. You have done a brill job with that rucksack! Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time, hope you had fun. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The railway carriage looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holey moley, that is SUCH a cool place to live for a week!! Love all your photos (and am so pleased you like your needle book - it was my pleaure!)

    ReplyDelete