How can it be that I last blogged back at the beginning of September??
Where does the time go (when you're having fun - working 25 extra hours a week, changing Brownie packs, and trying to decorate a dining room??)
Anyway, there has been time for sewing, and some lovely time at that.
On Saturday it poured with rain all day, and me and Ingrid abandoned the kids and snuck off to Bradmore for the EMMQG day.
Ooooo it was lovely. Go here for the recipe for the most delicious chilli ever.
We made baskets..... Here's mine
And here's the fab four.....
(Photo pinched from Moira's blog)
And I basted my scrappy quilt on the big church hall floor.
Which I (drum roll please) have finished.
Things I love about this quilt:-
- It is made entirely from scraps that I have been given
- I made the quilt top in the summer whilst enjoying Cornish sunshine and sea views
- It is square
- The big quilted circles
- Although I have made mistakes as I have gone along, I have learnt a lot.
- It is for someone who needs the comfort of a good quilt - and they have been in my thoughts as I have sewn it.
Where there is room for improvement:-
- I need to get better at basting quilts. Despite lots of effort from two bright and intelligent women, I still managed to hash up the backing, which moved so much I had to reduce the quilt in size by 2 inches all the way around!
- My quilting is improving, but I still need to eliminate a few tucks that appeared here and there.